Announcements/Reminders: Lots and lots of information—PLEASE READ ON!!!
Last day to order tights through the studio is this Friday, May 5th. I can get them for $10 which is usually a few dollars less than in the local dance stores. However, feel free to get tights on your own if you wish. No shiny tights please.
**Reminder: There IS class on Monday, May 29, Memorial Day, for our evening show ballet and SSDC – all other classes check with your teacher.
- Picture Day is Sunday, May 21st. Pictures times will run from 9am – 6:30pm here at the studio. We would appreciate it very much if you would show up for the group pictures, even if you choose not to buy any. The picture schedule will be posted by the front door.
- Dress Rehearsal (means in costume!) for Circus Spectacular and The Judgement of Paris afternoon and evening ballets is on Friday, June 2nd, at McKendree University’s Hettenhausen Center for the Arts. Maps are available in the waiting room the week before the show. Please arrive 30 minutes early to each rehearsal with hair and make-up done and students should change into their costumes once they arrive.
Friday, June 2nd: Circus Spectacular! /Let’s Go to the Movies: 9am-12pm
The Judgement of Paris (afternoon show) 12:30-4pm
The Judgment of Paris (evening show) 4:30-6:30pm
** again this year** We needed to spread our dress rehearsals out over two days this year, because the 14 hour Friday dress rehearsal is just too long. Dancers in Jazz/Tap/Modern and Broadway in both the afternoon and evening shows will have their Dress Rehearsal for those dances at the Hett on Thursday night this year.
Thursday, June 1st – Motown Moves 4-6:30pm
Thursday, June 1st – Don’t Stop, Keep it Movin’ 6:30-9:30pm
- Recital Day is Saturday, June 3rd at McKendree University. Please arrive 30-40 minutes before the performance and change into costumes once you arrive. Show times are:
Circus Spectacular!/Let’s Go to the Movies 11:30 AM
The Judgement of Paris/Motown Moves 2:30 PM
The Judgement of Paris/Don’t Stop, Keep it Movin’ 6:30 PM
- Ticket prices are the same as last year. They will be on sale at the front desk the week before the recital. Adult tickets are $15 and children (under 12) are $10. Please do not lose your tickets – or you will have to buy new tickets to enter. Sorry! Just like any movie theater or performance hall, you will have to buy new tickets if you lose them or leave them at home.
- Parents/guardians will need to pay for the 5th/June installment before you purchase your recital tickets. Once the recital is over, families take vacations and it can be difficult to track down missing payments. Most common June question: Why are you paying for a full month? It is because tuition is calculated by the semester, not the month, and then broken down into five equal payments for your convenience.
- Sign-up sheets for recital flowers will be in the waiting room later in May. Flower payments are not due until the day of the recital (upon pick-up).
- A recital DVD and separate picture CD slide show order form will be sent home this year. You must prepay by June 2nd (dress rehearsal day) to have a DVD and/or pic cd ordered for you. The still picture CD slide-show has up-close, still photographs of each dance and also some backstage pictures as well. Examples of the pictures are hanging in the waiting room.
- Recital t-shirt order. We are offering simple recital t-shirts for each show for $20 each. This is not a mandatory purchase, but a lot of the kids like to wear the t-shirts over the summer and our dancer logo is printed on the front of the kids shows. The deadline to order a t-shirt is Friday, May 12th.
- Sign-up sheets for our summer sessions/camps are also in the waiting room. We have some fun classes, the very popular kid’s camp (this year it’s an Island theme), a Disney Princess pre-k camp, and many guest teachers this summer. Please sign up by the end of May so we can have enrollment numbers for each session!
- **Full cast rehearsals** The last week before the recital there are no regularly scheduled classes. Instead, we have a few extra practices here at the studio before we move to the Hett on Thursday. Because each ballet tells a story, we need to have full rehearsals (some dress rehearsals) here at the studio before we get to the stage at McKendree. This is very a busy week, but it all finishes in nicely polished/professional shows. J
*please make good use of street parking during the large rehearsals and picture day*
Mon. May 29thth at DanceStation: 5-8pm Judgement of Paris (evening show no costumes)
8-9:30 SSDC rehearsal
Tues. May 30th at DanceStation: 4-6pm Circus Spectacular/Let’s Go to the Movies (no costumes) However, all students will need both ballet and tap shoes.
6:30-9:15pm Judgement of Paris (afternoon show) Dress Rehearsal (yes costumes! (younger dancers may be able to leave around 8:45pm)
Wed. June 1st at DanceStation: 4-7pm Judgement of Paris (evening show) Dress Rehearsal (yes costumes!), 7:30-9:30 Int and Adv B-way Dress Rehearsal (yes costumes!)
Thur. June 2nd at the Hett: 4-6:30pm Motown Moves (afternoon show) Dress Rehearsal (jazz, tap, modern, Broadway costumes)
6:30-9:30pm Don’t Stop, Keep it Movin’ Dress Rehearsal
Costume instructions are being sent home this week for the costumes that will arrive later in May. Recital week is often confusing for new families. Please call, email, or come find me with any questions. Have a wonderful month – see you at the recital!!!