DanceStation August Fall Registration and Newsletter
We are trying an online version of registering for classes this year on Saturday, August 6th. Hopefully it is easy to use and user friendly. Just in case everything doesn’t work as planned, we also have an in-person Open House/Fall Registration this Sunday, August 7th from 2 – 6pm, where you can come pick up Recital pictures and DVD’s and register for class if needed. Here is how you will register your dancers for class.
- Log into your parent portal account. We sent a link to everyone last November, or over the summer for new students just joining us for the summer session. If you can’t find your log in info or need the link re-sent, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also log in on the app using the Pay My Bill button at the bottom, as long as you know your username and password.
- Under where you normally pay your bill there will be a place to click Register for Classes (first picture shown below). If you have multiple children, it will show all family members.
- Click on your child to see the classes offered with days/times/teachers and prices.
(3-4 yr old classes, 5/6 yr old classes, Combination Ballet/jazz/tap classes, and Ballet 2 and Jazz/tap 2 levels will have 2 or more options to choose from. Ballet levels 3 and up will only have one option per level/class)
- Choose your classes
- Pay your registration fee of $35 per family through the portal or by coming to the studio on Sunday and paying by check or cash. Your class choices will not be locked in until you pay your $35 family registration fee. So, you can either pay through the portal or come in and see us on Sunday!
- If you don’t get your first choice of classes because the class is full, you can join the waitlist. Then I will contact you if someone drops or changes classes and a space becomes available. Space is very tight in our Combination classes and our 5/6 yr old classes. Even with multiple classes offered, these classes may fill quickly.
In-person Open House is Sunday, August 7th from 2-6pm – come get your Recital DVD’s and Pictures and talk to us in person if you have any questions about Registration.
Prices are the same as last year:
3-4 yr 45 min classes are $225 per semester or $45 per monthly installment
5-6yr 60 min classes are $275 per semester or $55 per monthly installment
Combination Ballet/tap/jazz one hour 15 min classes are $300 per semester or $60 per monthly installment
Ballet levels 2 and up are $275 per semester or $55 per monthly installment. Additional classes are $25 for 45 min classes (like pre-pointe or Primary Cecchetti) and $30 for each additional hour-long class (jazz, tap, modern, Cecchetti). Cecchetti 5-7 two-hour classes are $50.
Boys Hip Hop (all boys ages 7 and up welcome! It was a huge hit at the recital last year!) $45 for 45 min class on Wednesdays at 4:45pm (plus a 20% discount on tuition for 2nd family member)
Adult Cardio Hip Hop ***NEW CLASS*** – Tues 7:45pm-8:30 $45 per month, with Jenny Battenberg. We had several requests for a class like this last year, so we are hoping to grow our adult program. Did you dance when you were younger and want a fun class again? Are you looking for a great exercise class to take while your child dances? All good reasons! No experience necessary for any of our awesome adult classes and we offer 20% off 2nd family member’s tuition, 50% off 3rd family member’s tuition, and 4th family member dances for FREE!!! Come join our fun adult classes!!!! They run Sept-Nov and Jan-April. We break for December and May. Those months are just too busy for many multi-tasking Moms and Dads.
Adult Tap Monday 8:30-9:30pm for $55 with Sonya.
Adult Ballet Tues 8:30-9:30pm (after Cardio Hip Hop) $55 with Jenny Fischer.
2022 Fall Semester Classes begin on Tuesday, Sept. 6th (the day after Labor Day). A studio calendar will be sent home on the first class in September and will also be updated and available on the DanceStation app soon!
We also want to welcome our new teacher Alyssa Watson, originally from Greenville, IL. She graduated from SIUE with a BA in dance, is a Big Muddy Dance St. Louis training member this year and has been teaching at our SSDC Intensive this summer. We absolutely LOVE her! She is great with younger and older students, and we welcome her to our teacher team at DanceStation!!!
I hope you enjoy what is left of your summer and we can’t wait to see your dancers in September. Stop by our Open House on Sunday to get your recital DVD’s and pictures and feel free to register in person if would rather do that. Here are some pictures of what to look for on Saturday when you register online. Thank you! Elizabeth